A 29 year-old man came to the ER with chief complaint open wounds on his chest and neck since 1 hour prior hospital visit. Pasien was severely battered by several people using baton to the head and had also several slash injuries caused by sickle to the left side of his chest, neck and arm. The patient had difficulty breathing and was agitated in the ER.
There was pale conjunctiva showing sign of anemia, vulnusscissumon left aspect of the neck with no bleeding. Limbs examination showed clammy extremities with prolongation of CRT (>2 secs) and traumatic amputation of digiti II manussinistraat the level of PIP.
4. CRT: capillary refill time isa quick examination by pressing the soft pad of a finger or toe nails and taking note of the time needed for the color for the color to return, used to evaluate the dehydration status and peripheral perfusion.
1. Sharma A, Jindal P. Principles of diagnosis and management of traumatic pneumothorax. J Emerg Trauma Shock [serial online] 200 [cited 2011 Apr 8];1;34-41. Available from: http://www.onlinejets.org/text.asp?2008/1/1/34/41789
2. Khan MLZ, Haider J, Alam SN, Jawaid M, Maliks KA. Chest Trauma Management: Good Outcomes possible in a general surgical unit. Pak J Med Sci April - June 2009 Vol. 25 No. 2 217-221.
3. M.R. Khammash& F. El Rabee: Penetrating Chest Trauma in North of Jordan: A Prospective Study. The Internet Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.2006 vol 8(1)
4.American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma.Thorax Injury. In: Advanced Trauma Life Support for Doctors: Student Course Manual 7th ed. 2004. Jakarta: Trauma Committee “IKABI”. page 111-42.
5. Dural K, Gulbahar G, Kocer B, Sakinci U. A novel and safe technique in closed tube thoracostomy. Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery 2010, 5:21. Available from: http://www.cardiothoracicsurgery.org/content/5/1/21
6. Muslim M, Bilal A, Salim M, Khan MA, Baseer A, Ahmed M. Tube Thoracostomy: Management and outcome in patients with penetrating chest trauma. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2008;20(4)
7. Wuryantoro.Water Sealed Drainage (WSD). Presented in The Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine University of Indonesia, CiptoMangunkusumoNational Hospital, May 15, 2009